Home > Software > Data-Warehouse > DataStage
Interview Questions   Tutorials   Discussions   Programs   Discussion   

DataStage - How can you do error handling in data stage?

asked mar September 20, 2014 06:33 AM  

How can you do error handling in data stage?

1 Answers

answered By vishnoiprem   0  
  • I am running a sequecer in datastage. now my requirement is when sequencer fail, it should sent email to user.
  • my sequencer have around 15 job. Any of the job fail then i want to sent a email and abort the sequencer.
  • And If all of the job finished successfully then also i want to send email  to user saying sequencer completed.
  • If a job being invoked by a sequence returns an error (e.g. if the job aborts) and the sequence is not designed to handle that error then the sequence will abort. If you want to have a better control of what should happen when errors occurs consider the following alternatives:
  • Define explicit triggers in every job activity for all possible job status. This can be achieved by using the Triggers tab of every activity in the job sequence.
  • Enable "Automatically handle job runs that fail" in the Job Properties. If you use this then if any of the jobs produces an error that is not handled then the sequencer will intercept the error and will continue the execution of the job
   add comment

Your answer

Join with account you already have

Ready to start your tutorial with us? That's great! Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!