1. While running ./NodeAgents.sh start command... getting the following error: LoggingAgent.sh process stopped unexpectedly
SOL: needs to kill LoggingAgentSocketImpl Ps ef | grep LoggingAgentSocketImpl (OR) PS ef | grep Agent (to check the process id of the above)
2. Warning: A sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning of input data set on input port 0 SOL: Clear the preserve partition flag before Sequential file stages.
3. Warning: A user defined sort operator does not satisfy the requirements. SOL: Check the order of sorting columns and make sure use the same order when use join stage after sort to joing two inputs.
4. Conversion error calling conversion routine timestamp_from_string data may have been lost. xfmJournals,1: Conversion error calling conversion routine decimal_from_string data may have been lost
SOL: check for the correct date format or decimal format and also null values in the date or decimal fields before passing to datastage StringToDate, DateToString,DecimalToString or StringToDecimal functions.
5. To display all the jobs in command line
SOL: cd /opt/ibm/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin./dsjob -ljobs <project_name>
6.Error trying to query dsadm. There might be an issue in database server SOL: Check XMETA connectivity. db2 connect to xmeta (A connection to or activation of database xmeta cannot be made because of BACKUP pending)
7. DSR_ADMIN: Unable to find the new project location SOL: Template.ini file might be missing in /opt/ibm/InformationServer/Server. Copy the file from another severs.
8. Designer LOCKS UP while trying to open any stage SOL: Double click on the stage that locks up datastage Press ALT+SPACE Windows menu will popup and select Restore It will show your properties window now Click on X to close this window. Now, double click again and try whether properties window appears.
9. Error Setting up internal communications (fifo RT_SCTEMP/job_name.fifo) SOL: Remove the locks and try to run (OR) Restart DSEngine and try to run (OR) Go to /opt/ibm/InformationServer/server/Projects/proj_name/ ls RT_SCT* then rm f RT_SCTEMP then try to restart it.
10. While attempting to compile job, failed to invoke GenRunTime using Phantom process helper RC: /tmp space might be full Job status is incorrect Format problems with projects uvodbc.config file SOL: a) clean up /tmp directory b) DS Director à JOB à clear status file c) confirm uvodbc.config has the following entry/format: [ODBC SOURCES] <local uv> DBMSTYPE = UNIVERSE Network = TCP/IP Service = uvserver Host = 127.0.0.1