Home > Software > BIGDATA > HADOOP
Interview Questions   Tutorials   Discussions   Programs   Videos   Discussion   

HADOOP - Does hive has locks on target tables? How indexing will happen in HIVE SQL? If we do desc for the table which is defined as partition by what it will show? what is buckets and how data will be stored in buckets? how MR will work for the following SQL's? Select * from emp; i guess only one mapreduce jobs starts and no reducer will start. what is split in hive sql? Can we do update using HIVE SQL? No..

views
asked Basha March 27, 2015 02:03 PM  

Does hive has locks on target tables? How indexing will happen in HIVE SQL? If we do desc for the table which is defined as partition by what it will show? what is buckets and how data will be stored in buckets? how MR will work for the following SQL's? Select * from emp; i guess only one mapreduce jobs starts and no reducer will start. what is split in hive sql? Can we do update using HIVE SQL? No..

2 Answers

answered By Akshay Singh   0  
This answer is pending moderator approval With the latest version Hive also supports Update.
flag   
   add comment

answered By   0  

If we do desc for the table which is defined as partition by what it will show?

It will show all the columns of the table and their datatype and it will not display the partition

flag   
   add comment

answered By Kumar-1003   0  

Does hive has locks on target tables? YES.

what is buckets and how data will be stored in buckets? it can be use for large data set and use for sampling

Select * from emp I believe there will not be use any map reduce in this

yes that true , hive does not support Update

flag   
   add comment

Your answer

Join with account you already have

FF

Preview

Write A Tutorials
Online-Classroom Classes
www.writeabc.com

2 people following this question

5 people following this tag

Question tags

hadoop × 7

Asked 4 years and 11 months ago ago
Number of Views -1656
Number of Answers -2
Last updated
2 years and 19 days ago ago

Similar questions

Ready to start your tutorial with us? That's great! Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Alert