Home > Software > Data-Warehouse > Informatica
Interview Questions   Tutorials   Discussions   Programs   

Informatica - I want to load data in to two targets. One is dimension table and the other is fact table? How can I load data at a time?

views
asked marvit September 20, 2014 08:00 AM  

I want to load data in to two targets. One is dimension table and the other is fact table? How can I load data at a time?

1 Answers

answered By vishnoiprem   0  
Generally we all knew that is,In Data warehouse environment,we should load data first in the dimension 
table then we load into the fact table..bcoz fact table which contains the Primary keys of the dimension table along with the measures.
So we need to check first that whether the fact table which you are going to load that has foreign key relationship with the dimension table or not?If yes,Use pipeline mapping,and load dimension data first in first pipeline and in the second pipeline load fact table data by taking the lookup transformation on the dimension table which has loaded data already..and return the key value from the lookup transformation then calculate the measures by using Aggregator and also give "group by" on the dimension keys and map to the Target(Fact) prots as required.
most importantly specify the "Target Load Plan" where dimesion target as first,fact table target as second.
flag   
   add comment

Your answer

Join with account you already have

FF

Preview

Ready to start your tutorial with us? That's great! Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Alert