Refer below for the different types:
1. SORT FIELDS=COPY ===> To copy all the records from SORTIN to SORTOUT.
2. SORT FIELDS=COPY,SKIPREC=100,STOPAFT=5 ===> To copy the records from 100 to 105.
3. SORT FIELDS=(STARTPOS,LENGTH,TYPE,ASC/DESC) ===> TYPE can be: ZD(zoned decimal), CH(Character),BI(Binary),PD(Packed decimal), and FS(Signed numbers).
4. INCLUDE COND=(STATPOS,LENGTH,TYPE,RO,VALUE) EX: INCLUDE
COND=(1,5,CH,EQ,C'PULLA) ===> To select the particular record. Same as above to omit the record replace INCLUDE with OMIT.
5. INREC FIELDS=(15,5,6,6) ===> to restructure the input file before feeding to sort.
6. OUTREC FIELDS=(1:1,20,21:C'PULLA',26:10Z,36:21,10) ===> First 20 chars from input file followed by character PULLA followed by 10 zeros followed by characters from 21 to 10 characters of input. the same can be codded as bellow. OUTREC FIELDS=(1,20,C'PULLA',10Z,21,10).
7. SORT FIELDS=(1,5),EQUALS SUM FIELDS=NONE ===> TO remove the duplicates in the key field(1,5).
Ready to start your tutorial with us? That's great! Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!