In-Stream procedures are set of JCL statements written between JOB and EXEC statements, start with PROC and end with PEND statement. Mainly used to test cataloged
Cataloged procedure is cataloged on the procedure library and is called by specifying the procedure name on the EXEC statement.
1) Catalog procs are members of proclib.
2) PROC statement is optional
for catalog procs.
3) PEND cannot appear in a
4) EXEC statement using PROC
can be coded anywhere in the
JCL after JOB statement.
1) In-stream proc are given as in stream.
2) PROC statement is mandatory.
3) PEND statement is mandatory.
4) EXEC statement using in-stream proc
must be coded after defining the proc.
Ready to start your tutorial with us? That's great! Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!