Home > Software > Testing > Manual-Testing
Interview Questions   Tutorials   Discussions   Programs   Videos   

Manual-Testing - What is difference between localization testing and internalization testing? Explain with an example

views
asked mar August 23, 2014 07:14 PM  

What is difference between localization testing and internalization testing? Explain with an example

1 Answers

answered By kpreeti2011   0  
Internationalization (i18n)
the process of changing your software so that it isn't hardwired to one language/locale/culture.

Localization (l10n)
the process of adding the appropriate resources to your software so that a particular language/locale is supported. It's bigger in scope than just this Wikipedia entry, but it's a good start.
The value of distinguishing between them is that (theoretically) once your program goes through the i18n process, you can then iterate many l10n processes as you need them; also, it's nice to be precise with language.

Some other reasons to think of them separately: Internationalization QA and localization QA have different test cases, Internationalization is a one-time cost (more or less), and so the more languages you localize to, the higher your ROI. i18n is generally more costly than l10n to any one locale
flag   
   add comment

Your answer

Join with account you already have

FF

Preview

Ready to start your tutorial with us? That's great! Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Alert