Keyword driven testing is a type of functional automation testing framework which also known as table-driven testing or action word based testing.
In Keyword-driven testing we use a table format, usually a spreadsheet, to define keywords or action words for each function that we would like to execute.
Flow of a Keyword Driven Framework
1) When you run the test script in QTP, it will first call the driver function from the function library which has the logic to read keywords from excel sheet.
2) This driver function reads the keyword from the excel sheet.
3) The function then identifies the action that is associated with this keyword.
4) The driver function will then call this function which will do the required operations on the application under test.
5) Once the function has completed execution, the control moves back to the driver function.
6) The driver function reads the next keyword and the flow continues till all the keywords are read.
Ready to start your tutorial with us? That's great! Send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!